Pageviews last month

Tuesday, May 3, 2011


With all the excitement – both positive and negative – about the death of Osama Bin Laden (OBL), it hasn’t been easy to focus on real estate or anything for the past few days. Every time I find myself getting into a worksheet with results about housing or looking online for the right home for a buyer, all of a sudden some OBL joke or syrupy poem comes across my screen and I find myself distracted and pulled away from the task at hand.

Now, it’s not that I’m not political, or that I don’t care. I do, deeply. But I believe there’s a time and a place for jokes and banter. I like them just as much as the next person. But I wish there was a way to turn off the “noise” during work hours. Maybe it’s me, but I’d like to have a day off from intrusions, a day that is distraction free and focus forward.

To that end, I’m challenging myself to NOT open Facebook and Twitter until AFTER the workday is over. I think the brilliant banter will wait until then. After all it is “social” networking… not “work place” networking. I’ll let you know how it goes.

No comments: